The University of Szeged (SZTE) is located in the sunniest city of Hungary attracting thousands of young people due to its lively, urban lifestyle and colourful festivals. It has history dating back to 1581.
Since Hungary is a member of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), it also has EU accreditation.
The University of Szeged welcomes international students, participates in the Erasmus exchange program and has scholarships available for international students across all subject areas.
It might interest you to know that most courses are taught in English, and some bachelor’s degrees include an English preparatory course.
The university’s mission is to offer high quality education at the levels of Bachelor’s, Master’s, doctoral (Ph.D), higher-level vocational and postgraduate specialist training programmes.
Why choose the University of Szeged?
- The University of Szeged is one of Hungary’s leading and internationally ranked higher education institution.
- Since Hungary is a member of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), it also has EU accreditation.
- Was the best Hungarian university in 2016.
- Outstanding professors
- It is a research university with outstanding achievements, covering 700 research areas at 19 Doctoral Schools and 50 full-time degree programs for international students.
- Scholarship options, such as the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme assist students from various regions of the world to attend the University.
- Increasing number of international students all year.
- International study programmes in various languages have been available at the University of Szeged for three decades. SZTE offers international degree programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D level. The list is endless!
Students are required to pay their tuition fee according to the academic year in which they have started their first year studies at the University of Szeged. These fees differ from one course to another. Hence, it is very necessary you contact the school portal for specific tuition fees as we can’t feed you with misleading information.
Cost of living
It depends partly on your own spending habits how much money you will need during your stay in Hungary. In general, living expenses are reasonable in Hungary especially in comparison with Western European countries.
The average cost of living in Szeged, including room and board amounts to 500-600 Euro (160 000 – 190.000 HUF) per month depending on the type of accommodation you choose.
The application process varies by Faculty, however, there are certain elements of it which apply to each applicant.
- Submit in an online application form,
- paying application and/or entrance exam fees,
- uploading documents presenting applicants academic background and the required language proficiency.
- In addition to SZTE requirement, some Faculties may ask for the specific Faculty-based requirements: a motivational letter, entrance examination or individual online interview. You have to check this out with your desired faculty.
How to apply
Before applying, please check and study the programme description of your interest usig the links provided below. Each description has its specific paragraph about the application process and a link to the online application form.
Fill in the online application form, upload the necessary documents and check your mailbox regularly. If you have questions, contact the Directorate for International Affairs at email@example.com or the contact person indicated in the description.
The University offers a range of different scholarship programmes for international students to help cover tuition fees or living costs. Learn about the scholarship programmes below.
- Stipendium Hungaricum
If you wish to apply to this university you have to check through the prospective student’s section of their website.