McGill University, Canada – Full Information for International Students
About – McGill University
The MMcGill University is one of Canada’s best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world.
With students coming to McGill from some 150 countries, our student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country.
McGill was founded in 1821 thanks to a generous bequest by James McGill, and since then, we’ve grown from a small college to a bustling university with two campuses, 10 faculties, some 300 programs of study, and 40,000 students.
The University also partners with four affiliated teaching hospitals to graduate over 1,000 health care professionals each year.
Why you should choose to study at McGill
McGill offers you…
- Two beautiful, historic campuses
- Respected degrees recognized around the world
- 21 faculties and professional schools offering more than 300 programs
- Internationally renowned professors
- Research opportunities, even at the undergraduate level
- An open and multicultural learning environment
- A history of excellence dating back to 1829
- Exchanges, internships and field studies
- Special services for francophone students, including the opportunity to write exams and submit papers in French
- Good news for full-time International students! Study permits automatically allow you to work off campus as soon as you arrive.